What We Do
The Coastal First Nations Great Bear Initiative promotes community self-sufficiency and sustainable economic development on BC’s North and Central Coast and Haida Gwaii.
Our communities are working together to build a strong, conservation-based economy that recognizes our Title and Rights, and protects our culture and ecosystems.
- planning for marine and land resources in the Great Bear region
- increased local control and management of forestry and fisheries
- sustainable development through ecosystem-based management
- capacity building in our communities
- partnerships with government, industry, environmental groups and others