The Coastal Stewardship Network works directly with coastal communities to:
- Support Coastal Guardian Watchmen programs along BC’s Central/North Coast and Haida Gwaii;
- Facilitate networking and collaboration between stewardship staff and other partners;
- Coordinate a regional monitoring system that tracks resource use and the health of key species along the BC Coast;
- Provide training and professional development for Coastal Guardian Watchmen and other stewardship staff;
- Identify funding opportunities and strategic partnerships to increase capacity; and
- Raise awareness and help establish a strong and recognizable stewardship presence on the coast.